Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hurricane Gustav remants arrived in Arkansas


As you know they forecasted that Hurricane Gustav will hit New Orleans. It didn't but west of New Orleans. It had moved far inland overnight. Now it had arrived here in Arkansas. The remants of Hurricane Gustav will slowly move across the state over the next several days, bringing very heavy rainfall and the threat for severe weather. It is no longer a Hurricane but Tropical Depression Gustav.

More Rains will continue to fall thru Thursday. They said we will be getting strong winds of 15 to 25 mph with higher gusts to 35 mph accompanying the rains. The rain will be moving very slowly. So naturally there will be flood concerns. So they had issued Flood watch here where I live.

Naturally I am happy because it had cooled off so much as it's been in 90's the last couple of weeks. I am loving it more and more! :) TJ is freaked out and saying we need to stock up on foods and water. I laughed at him and told him that he is silly. I explained to him that by the time it come here- it will weakened and will not be a hurricane anymore. He said oh. haha! He have lot to learn about hurricanes.

Of course we have to watch out for tornado threats as it can spawn several at same times. Again he is scared because he doesn't want any tornadoes due to close calls last spring in Birdtown which was EF3 and EF4 in Cleveland. Naturally I understood as he is scared as it can destroy something in a second. Also it can kill people too so lives are not replaced. Things can be replaced. :(

Anyhow I went outside few times and watched the clouds come from east. It is cool to see the clouds moving from east. It was very windy. It is my first time to experience something like this. My mom said we had remants in the past. I don't remember perhaps when I was young? I don't know. Ah no biggie deal. heh!

Well my Labor Day weekend was quiet and fun. We played in the water and got to relax. :) TJ is kinda sad that Summer is over and school is back in session. He mentioned that he can't wait for cooler weather. I am too looking forward to Autumn which won't be long. :)

I hope all of you have a great evening! :)
As always,
Ginger :)

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com