Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Rains for the next 3 days....

Which mean MORE Floodings... Arkansas doesn't need this. Lot of grounds are already saturated from all of the upward of a foot of rains that we have been getting the past couple of months. Crazy Weather we have been having here. Oh Boy!!!! I don't know when it will ever be over? Never? We can move on and get thru One day at a time. :)

First it was a Tornado at Appleton in Pope County and Jerusalem in Conway County in January that killed 1 person then Feb 5 EF4 tornado that went thru several counties including Conway County where I live that killed 13 people. Then next event which was Snow on March 4th, 6th, and 7th which was over a foot or more in some places. Now all of the rains and near-record flooding that we have been having the past few weeks. It continues to rise water in Arkansas River, Lakes, Creeks, etc. It did recede but more rains it will rise. Then next we had another EF2 tornado outbreak which was on April 3rd that went thru Benton, Little Rock, North Little Rock, Jacksonville, and Cabot areas causing lot of damages.

Now more Rains...Will there be a record of flooding? when will it ever end?? It's due to the effect of La Nina, that's why! They are saying that it will weakened as April is here into May and June. So that is remain to be seen. Not that I am complaining because La Nina does slow the Global warming - They said it is but I don't know if it's true or not. http://www.noaa.com/ you can look it up and find informations there. OK :)

I read the news today and they confirmed that Arkansas did had 10 tornadoes in one night! Can you believe it was from one parent storm? That's lot. Here is a link you can check it out..
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=63602

So typical of the life being in Tornado Alley. What can I say? I am used to this growing up but I have a son now. Like the Feb 5th storm- worrying about my son not knowing if he is ok or not? I was so scared. I had a high blood pressure from what had happened. I don't ever want to go thru that experience again. :(

I hope you have a nice day and stay dry wherever you are at. :)

As always,
Ginger :)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Oh boy! Sound like Arkansas needs more water and make the grass more moist and more greener...

I don't know what's up with Mother Nature.

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com