Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Morning

Hi everyone,

Here I am still alive and kicking. hehe! I didn't feel well yesterday as I spent the day in bed watching movies on tv. I ended up having insomina last night but that's ok because there were good movies to watch. :P I am feeling ok today but still have stupid headaches but I will live. :)

Today it is a beautiful day. It's gonna be nice. So I am going to town to do errands for my mom and get more foods. I have to get cat foods for my cats as I am almost out of them. I am planning on stop by and see my sister at her work to see what is up. It's been a while since I saw her due to gas prices going higher. oh well. :(

One of my beautiful cats name SnowFlake got ran over Sunday morning. He will be missed. His nickname is King due to his face look almost like the King in the movie with beautiful long white hairs. He is a gray pointed siamese cat. I never see a cat look like that. I can't believe he is gone. :( I sure will miss his goofing around and purred against my leg, Following me everywhere even on my daily walks. Even tho he is wild but he does slept with me and let me pet him. I just can't pick him up and hold him in my arms. RIP, Snowflake. :(

Today is my nephew JT's Birthday. Happy Birthday to you. We love you! :)

I hope all of you have a wonderful day! :)

As always,
Ginger :)


here is the petwarmers story.. Enjoy..


~ Welcome to Petwarmers ~
http://www.petwarmers.com


Kathy offers us a bittersweet story today. You might even call
it a "devotional" to all the past, present and future pets who have
touched our lives with a piece of heaven. Thank you, Kathy!

___________________________________________

FILL THEM WITH HEAVEN
by Kathy Pippig Harris

It was early in the morning and the street was filled with traffic.
There in the middle of the right lane was a body of a young dog
who had just been hit by a car a few moments earlier.
Most of the cars swerved around him. I drove around him too,
then turned back, parked my car near where he was and rushed over to
him. Careful to keep an eye on the traffic coming my way, I quickly
scooped him up and then set him down on some green grass next to a
sidewalk.
He was still warm and limber, his fur fuzzy and soft. He was
still just a pup. I cried, "I am so sorry for you. So sorry." I
then caressed his chest and belly tenderly as tears ran down my face
and into his fur. I cried as I prayed and was late for work.
* * *
She was a lithe, black streak that darted in the street. She
made it through two lanes of traffic and then darted into the lanes
where autos were moving the opposite direction.
She ran as fast as she was able, through the first two lanes,
and then paused a heartbeat before dashing back into traffic.
Stretched out, supple, and swift she flew onto the road again. The
man driving his car hesitated but half a second, and then continued
quickly on his way. She had tumbled over and over underneath his car
before being thrust out off the street. Her body was seizing up as
pain pierced her awareness.
Before shock set in, she pulled herself into someone's front
yard, then through the broken slat of the fence. Still thinking she
was full of life and that no bad thing could harm her, she struggled
into the shade at the side of the house as fear consumed her.
Something inside her was broken and she could not move from where she
lay.
I parked near where I'd seen the cat go and looked for her but
she was too well hidden. I called out several times, but could hear
nothing. Whoever lived in the house was not home. Filled with
sadness, I said my prayer for her, and then left.
* * *
Too many have suffered. Like the old dog running down the
sidewalk, so near to the street -- its expression one of panic, fear,
and weariness because it was lost and looking for a familiar face.
Looking for home? So frightened by its circumstances that it bolts
into the intersection unaware of the danger.
When possible I have stopped to help a lost dog to a safe area.
To see if the dog was wearing ID tags, hoping I could call its owner
or drive to the address on the tag. When it was not possible for me
to intervene, because it would put the dog at further risk, I'd pray.
But what I prayed for every animal, somehow, never seemed enough.
* * *
I had recently lost a beloved cat, Bliss. I had seen her over
to The Rainbow Bridge, holding her in my arms while murmuring words
of love and beseeching God to take her gently -- all the while
feeling my mutterings were inadequate.
Shortly after, I was driving through the country, near a
beautiful river. I turned and saw a shiny red-winged blackbird in
the green foliage at the grassy bank. I saw diamond bright sparkles
of sunlight dazzled on the rolling crest of water. All around me the
glorious vision of our Creator's handiwork filled my world.
Then it hit me. After seeing that, I thought my dear
Blissy-Girl must have really missed that beauty. Why? Because she
had given so much of that to me... so much of Heaven!
So for all the beloved creatures that have been, or will be a
loving companion to a human...
For those souls in shelters, animal hospitals, lost in the
streets, or lost to the world -- for the living and for those passed
on -- I now pray, "Fill them with Heaven! Lord, please, fill them
with Heaven."

-- Kathy Pippig Harris

___________________________________________
Kathy lives in California's San Joaquin Valley. She is the author of
five books which can now be downloaded for the Amazon Kindle.
http://tinyurl.com/5ghnpq She is the author of several stories
published in Petwarmers and Heartwarmers. She is surrounded by her
furry family which is Heaven to her.
___________________________________________

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am sorry about Snowflake...

Kath said...

Oh no I'm so sorry about your loss. :o( RIP Snowflake

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com