Sunday, May 4, 2008

Conway County got battered by Tornado AGAIN!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!

Tornado on the ground behind our pipe yard in damascus, photo taken with
phone while standing on one of our service trucks, Rick.

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=69647


http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?sid=9effb6ab7a43238d05ef4ecc3efeb356&cid=69573

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=69657

29 tornadoes report here in Arkansas and more in other states like Mississippi, Tenneesse, Louisana and Texas. The total of altogether is 55 tornadoes. Indeed it was an outbreak on May 2nd, 2008. I will never forget it just like Feb 5th as long as I will live.

What a wild and wacky Friday was! First EF3 Tornado came near here only 3 miles North from here on M & M road caused lot of damages and killed a father and 2 sons. within less than 1/2 mile from TJ's Father's house. I did saw the wall cloud. It was HUGE and UGLY. black and green! whoa! Wish I took pics but no camera. :(

Then about a hour and half later report of tornado warning so I went outside and look.. right above us was a funnel cloud. no camera again, jeez! I was like running back in and told my mom hurry look.. she came outside and said whoa.. she said hurry get ur butt back in.. it didnt come down on ground whew but it did touch down in next county in a town name Twin Groves few miles away.

TJ's school called and said to come and get TJ which I did due to no electricity. I was on the way there when I saw that police blocked the hwy 92/9 intersection. I saw the police talked to car in front of me and car had to turn around and go back. I drove up and stopped to talk to the police and told him that the school called and I have to go and get TJ. Police said ok let me go thru. I went thru and saw lot of damages. Electricity on road. Lot of pine trees are gone. many houses are damaged or destroyed. I am sure there are more due to me driving. :(

my brother in law was working at gas rig in Damascus. He is ok. he said he saw the tornado go by within one mile and said it was HUGE. He and his co workers just stood there and didn't take the shelther? They were crazy! heh!


Yesterday TJ and I went on the tour to look at all the damages on M&M road as it's not blocked anymore. OMG. Lot of houses are destroyed. Many are damaged too. A chicken houses and thousands of chickens laying dead..

After the tour we went to Morrilton to eat at Chinese restaurant then we went to Wal-mart to get BATTERIES as I forgot yesterday. I have to have them! LOL. I forgot more like cat foods and sugar products. I must be getting senile well not really- just too many things going on with tornado and TJ. Too many excitments!

Last night I was reading Ark. Democrat & Gazette newspaper and to my surprise- TJ's classmate is in there. His house is destroyed. I showed it to TJ and he said that is so sad. in the article it said he was looking for toys for his baby sister. I felt so bad. :(

Also last night I just realized something but listen to this... you know Tornado hit Conway County on Feb 5th and last Friday which was on May 2nd..Right??? OK..

Let's look at this. Feb is 2nd month of the year, and 5th of course is the day.. ok. As for May is the 5th month of the year and 2nd is the day. right, ok..

now look at this again..

2-5
5-2

Coincidence???? I wonder??? this is SPOOKY! YIkes... Conway County have been hit 4 times since January 2008 within less than 5 months! First one on January 8 then Feb 5 then 2 times on May 2nd. We don't need more tornadoes. Go away Tornadoes! You know we live in Tornado Alley. There is nothing we can do about it but have mercy at Mother Nature. Pray to God for his protection to get us thru the storms.

But in all from this tragedy it's so sad that 8 people are dead from this terrible tragedy. May God be with the families and friends in this sad time.

May God bless you and stay safe. Have a great Sunday!

As always,
Ginger :)

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com