Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TJ is 9 years old! :)

Hi everyone,

Monday was TJ's Birthday. He is 9 years old now! Hard to believe my sweet carrot top had another birthday. I am getting older. ugh! LOL. :P We went to town to my eye dr appt first. He mentioned that my left eye had gotten worse than last time and it is still high pressure. I am not sure whatever that is. I will have to go back in a week for another check up again. I will ask again. I hope nothing is serious. hmm. ugh. ...

Afterward we went to Pizza hut for birthday lunch for TJ... Yum Yum we got so full and couldn't eat all of the foods. haha! That is ok because we took the leftovers home for dinner. After the lunch we went to Kids First to visit old teachers and caregivers. They couldn't believe TJ is taller now. I know the feeling! LOL. heh heh.

We also stopped by Cedar Lounge to see my sister Dorrie for a bit. While we were there, TJ went in asthma attack. It was right then that I realized Michelle didn't give me TJ's inhaler. So I drove fast like a batmobile zoom home to get the inhaler. TJ really scared me to death but he is ok now. Whew!

We had to come back to town as we need to go grocery shopping as we need foods. TJ is important as his health come first. What can I say? I know gas prices are high.:( Anyway we got home and had the party. TJ had fun and was happy with what he got from his momma for his birthday. Whew. :)

Yesterday I didn't feel well as i had dizziness and horrible bad headaches from not sleeping enough as TJ kept pulling my blanket all night long so I end up had insomina and watch movies all night. I finally slept some few hours yesterday afternoon but it didn't help somewhat. I woke up this morning and realize I still have the stupid headaches. I guess I need to rest more but I can't as I have few things to do around here. I will go to bed early tonight and hope I will feel better? :P

I hope all of you have a nice day! :)
As always,
Ginger :)


~ Welcome to Petwarmers ~
http://www.petwarmers.com

Kids -- and pets -- grow up fast, don't they?
Kathy shares a short story today about how she and her husband
couldn't resist a cute little puppy -- a puppy who earned the name
"Hurricane Henry."
We're sure many of you have experienced the same thing.
And thank you for all your responses to last week's story.
We've included most of them in this Petwarmer.
___________________________________________


WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?
by Kathy Whirity

Hannah, our beloved Golden Retriever, was finally becoming the
perfect pet. It took five years of rambunctious behavior but our
patience had paid off. She now goes most everywhere with us. She
sits in the back seat of the Explorer as if she's our child. In a
sense she is. We rarely need a leash for she never leaves Bill's
side, ever the faithful fur kid.
For months we've been thwarting our daughters' unanimous opinion
that we should get another dog. After Holly, our Christmas puppy
from 1995, was put to sleep, Bill was adamant that we did not want
another dog -- Hannah was enough. Besides, life was just beginning
to calm down and we were enjoying a home with one canine companion.
And then, something unexplainable happened. We'd watched a
commercial of adorable Retriever puppies tumbling over each other and
in unison we'd both sigh, "Oh aren't they so cute!"
We found ourselves reminiscing about when Hannah was a blue
eyed, tiny bundle of golden fluff. She was also a Christmas gift,
when Jaime brought her home from college. Back then Holly was the
regal Retriever in residence and wanted no part of Hyper Hannah.
They eventually accepted each other. When Holly passed over to the
Rainbow Bridge, Hannah moved up to the ranks of queen of her master's
castle.
How could it be that five years have passed since Hannah came
into our lives when it seems like only yesterday?
The girls must have sensed the nostalgia was creating a
sentimental soft spot for when talks of gifting us with a puppy
resumed, Bill was receptive to the idea. It didn't take me long to
get excited about the new addition to the family. I wonder if this
is, perhaps, a side effect to the empty nest lifestyle.
In between the kids getting married and anxiously waiting for
news of impending grandchildren, maybe the pitter-patter of tiny paws
can fill the silence until the pitter-patter of grandchildren fills
the void.
Last Sunday, Bill and I were busy puppy proofing the backyard
while Jaime and husband Dan went to see a man about a dog. As we
wrapped chicken wire around the fence I started to get cold feet.
Did I really want to start all over again with the chewing, the late
night whining and the constant eyes in the back of our heads and to
be ready to run the pup outside each and every time his nose so much
as sniffed the floor? Were we nuts to take on the challenge when it
would mean that Hannah would also have to adjust to another four
legged tiny, teething terror nipping at her heels?
Before I could give credence to any lingering doubts, I looked
up to see Jaime and Dan walking down the gangway toward the backyard.
The cutest Golden Retriever puppy was hopping along side them.
In that moment, I knew that Henry had found his forever home.
Hannah may not be as enthusiastic as we are, but in time, she'll come
around.
It is now Hurricane Henry, a name passed down from a now calm
and docile Hannah. As I watch him tear around the yard with
lightening speed, to see all and do all, I take a peek at Hannah, in
hiding, and I can't help but wonder -- where does the time go?

-- Kathy Whirity

___________________________________________
Kathy is a newspaper columnist and author of the recently released
book, Life Is a Kaleidoscope. She is a contributing author to the
Chicken Soup for the Soul book series. She and her husband, Bill,
live in Chicago where they are enjoying life as empty nesters. You
can visit her website here: http://www.kathywhirity.com
___________________________________________

0 comments:

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com