Sunday, August 10, 2008

RHAPSODY WITH THE PERFECT MATE

~ Welcome to Petwarmers ~
http://www.petwarmers.com


Since you're a Petwarmer reader, you'll get a kick out of
today's story. You can hear the violins and symphony in the
background! What better title than "Rhapsody with the Perfect Mate."
Thanks Lynn!
Meanwhile, we'll be sending our publications during the day on
Wednesday, rather than Tuesday evening, to prevent them from getting
lost in the all of the overnight junk email. Hopefully, you'll be
able to find us a littler easier in the future.

___________________________________________


RHAPSODY WITH THE PERFECT MATE
by Lynn Perrier

The feelings I felt for the new male in my life had not
diminished in the least, despite spending every day with him since
the beginning.
He moved in and never left. It was only supposed to be for a
short time. That's what I said in the beginning. Without wanting
to, I had fallen madly in love with him. After that, there was never
any question about him staying forever.
I languished in bed feeling like a Queen. There was no hurry, I
had no plans today which would take me outside my home. What a
wondrous feeling it is to share the morning with someone you love. I
reluctantly got up and put on my satin dressing gown as he watched me
silently. He loved when I wore that dressing gown.
With a look of utter content on his face he dozed off and
returned to dream land, his body limp and relaxed. Oh that
beautiful, exquisite body. Primitive in its desires yet
sophisticated in its demands. Sometimes I wanted the whole world to
see it. Most of the time, I wanted to keep it all to myself.
I bent over to give him one last kiss so I could absorb the
scent of his hair which would sustain me while I left him to do the
mundane acts associated with rising. Strange, I just realized that
no matter what time of the day or night it was, he always appeared
immaculate. No unkempt hair. Nothing out of place. To me, he was
always perfect.
I puttered around the kitchen like a regular little housewife.
To be honest, I have never been the domestic type. The humdrum
chores of being a home body had always bored me. I sensed that was
about to change. Now, for some reason it felt right.
He entered the room, hesitated and watched me from the doorway.
A combination of scrutiny and devotion radiating from his face as he
stood there the picture of pride and masculinity. Ever curious, the
smell of the freshly brewing coffee must have urged him from the
seclusion of the bedroom.
Our relationship was not yet a year old and it got better with
each passing day. I was now at a point where I wasn't bashful about
anything when he was around. I knew no matter what I did, it
wouldn't make any difference to him. He would always love me.
We had never suffered through the initial stages of being
uncomfortable while getting to know each other. Always believing the
axiom "familiarity breeds contempt" I knew now there were exceptions.
This was my exception. What an incredible feeling -- one I had
seldom experienced always being aware of my appearance, my voice, my
perfume, my breath.
Those things we think of, when a relationship is in its infancy,
didn't matter. Not often had I come to this point. There had been
others but none that touched me the way he did. None that understood
me like he did. None that could anticipate my every move like he
did. He was very special.
The day moved in slow motion as I went about doing odd chores
around the place. We weren't expecting any visitors today so there
was no need for me to go shopping. In fact there was really no need
for me to do anything. The weather was miserable and raining. The
perfect day to relax and enjoy the company of a loved one.
I had picked up a book earlier in the week and decided this was
the day to start reading it. As I sat trying to concentrate, his
movement caused me to look up from the pages. Once again he came to
me slowly, deliberately like a lithesome spirit. I lost track of
time, lost in an embrace as I held him in my arms not wanting to let
go, even for a minute, his frenzied kisses covering my face.
In other relationships I had always been the giver, never the
recipient. This time it was different. I watched as he reclined on
the chesterfield oblivious to my observation. One of the qualities I
loved about him was his modesty. At no time did he act like he was
any different from the others. Yet he was. He wasn't demanding or
critical. He even liked my cooking. Never a day went by that he
didn't show me never ending affection.
I reluctantly got up to prepare a snack while he remained in his
position of ease. As usual he watched my every move. Sometimes he
made me feel like a movie star with his never ending scrutiny. This
is a relationship which will last forever.
I know in my heart I had finally found the perfect mate.
I called to him from the kitchen to share the latest sustenance.
As I set a midday snack of tuna down for him I said a little prayer
of thanks for having Toby in my life.
Listening with joy, as he purred in a rhapsody of pleasure, I
contemplated the exquisite sound a cat makes when it's happy.

-- Lynn Perrier

___________________________________________
Lynn is a motivational writer whose life has lead her down many paths
opening her mind and heart to the important things in life. With an
often humorous slant, her writing will leave you with food for
thought and a smile on your face especially the articles about her
cats. You can read more of her work online at
http://www.thecolumnists.com where she writes a regular column along
with other authors or her website http://www.tributememorial.net
___________________________________________


WOMAN, 97, SAYS CAT'S YOWLING SAVED HER FROM FIRE
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080802/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cat_hero

___________________________________________

GOLDEN RETRIEVER ADOPTS TIGER CUBS AT KANSAS ZOO
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080731/ap_on_fe_st/odd_adopted_tigers

___________________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello:

I am the author of Rhapsody with the Perfect Mate and would like to thank you for posting my story. Unfortunately the url in the story is incorrect and I wonder if you would please change it to read:

http://www.tributememorial.net

I would also like to thank you for including my full name and information with the article. I have been fighting all week with people using my work and taking credit for it themselves. It is really frustrating and very disheartening so to see someone showed respect for my writing is very nice. Thank yuou. Lynn Perrier

Ginger :) said...

You are welcome! :) Thank you for letting me know of the incorrect Url. I have changed it. :)

Hope you have a great day!
As always,
Ginger :)

 
Blogger Templates by Wishafriend.com